Assistant Merchandiser, Women's Accessories – Banana Republic Factory Store
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global specialty retailerfocused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics.Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we doit is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident,optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity andgreatness every day.
What We Do: The AssistantMerchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Factory Store MerchandisingTeam responsible for merchandising our products in our franchise storesglobally as well as our online site. Strong product merchandising andanalytic skills are key to ensure success in this role.
- Contribute to the success of the Department throughexecuting seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed theDivision and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accuratemonthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin andpromotional markdown cadence.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotionalstrategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide excitingstore experiences.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input atcategory/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledgethrough exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results; leadership presence.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members ofcross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Current/previous experience as Assistant Merchandiser; passionfor a career in Merchandising!
- Proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills; able to manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Product point of view & conviction in it; yet open-minded.
- Product development experience across soft lines and hard lines aplus!
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performancestandards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top