Assistant Merchandiser, Sweaters & Woven Tops
About the role
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for contributing to the success of the Athleta assortment through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals. Key business partners include: inventory management, marketing, external vendors and the larger Athleta merchandising team.
What you'll do
- Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial targets
- Assist in recapping weekly business and vendor selling; articulate learnings to cross-functional partners
- Rank category styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal performance; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store and online experiences
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with 3rd party vendors as well as internal teams; planning, marketing, design, production and vendor management.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining accuracy of assortment tool. Communicates changes and updates to IM team
- Oversee process for procuring marketing samples. Place orders with vendors, follow up to ensure samples are received in a timely manner
- Manages in-season opportunities or risks by understanding product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level
- Proactively sees marketing knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets
- Influences others to achieve results.
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent
- 1-3 years of retail merchandising experience; ideally in the women's active space
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Possess computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Customer oriented
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top