Assistant Merchandiser, Sweaters & Woven Tops
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for contributing to the success of the Athleta assortment through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals. Key business partners include: inventory management, marketing, external vendors and the larger Athleta merchandising team.
- Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial targets
- Assist in recapping weekly business and vendor selling; articulate learnings to cross-functional partners
- Rank category styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal performance; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store and online experiences
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with 3rd party vendors as well as internal teams; planning, marketing, design, production and vendor management.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining accuracy of assortment tool. Communicates changes and updates to IM team
- Oversee process for procuring marketing samples. Place orders with vendors, follow up to ensure samples are received in a timely manner
- Manages in-season opportunities or risks by understanding product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level
- Proactively sees marketing knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets
- Influences others to achieve results.
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent
- 1-3 years of retail merchandising experience; ideally in the women's active space
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Possess computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Customer oriented
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top