Assistant Merchandiser, Fashion Knit Tops & Fleece - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
- Execute seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Experience as an Assistant Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top