Assistant Merchandiser - Boys Tops
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for partnering with the Sr. Merchandiser/Merchandiser in the development of the Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will Partner with cross functional teams in the development of the seasonal merchandise strategy. Initiatives include supporting Sr. Merchandiser/Merchandiser on assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, management of assortment tool (PETE), Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond, Market hind-sighting and Sample Management. This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
- Assists with the development of the assortments which align to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
- Partners with Design and Production on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Owner of creation and maintenance of assortment tool, season code, size model and time on offer at the style level and capture in the Omni PETE (assortment tool).
- Communicates seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus.
- Responsible to re-cap business to determine successes and opportunities within the business.
- Accountable for the sample process which includes all aspects of sample management.
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations.
- Facilitate sample requests from business partners.
- Gathers all samples no longer needed and uses appropriate forms for transferring out.
- Manages all shipping requests.
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising or related discipline or equivalent trade experience.
- 1-2 years of Merchandising experience
- Knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Understanding of Retail Math.
- Passion and point of view regarding product and trends.
- Demonstrates a sense of having the customer as a point of focus.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience working through significant change and transformation.
- Demonstrates an ability driving results.
- Understands the importance of details, priority setting and multi-tasking.
- Proven ability to work in an environment where collaboration with cross functional partners is a key focus and speed is crucial.
- Demonstrates an ability to seek new information, ideas, and experiences.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top