Assistant Marketing Manager, Social Media
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Do you have your finger on the pulse of all things social, tech and fashion? Banana Republic is seeking a passionate Assistant Marketing Manager, Social to join our team. You'll play a critical role in the strategic development and execution of all Banana Republic social media campaigns, focusing on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest. The key to success in this role? Your quick ability to take initiative, organizational skills, as well as being both analytically and creatively minded. You'll report to the Social Media Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
• Execute and assist in development of Banana Republic social - across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter
• Collaborate with cross functional partners: creative, production, site marketing, email, merchandising and obtain necessary assets and copy for social media posts and campaigns
• Schedule and monitor content using social media tools
• Help grow Influencer network and manage all mailings and track all influencer deliverables
• Foster dialogue, answering questions or comments and increasing engagement with consumers, advocates and influencers across all brand channels
• Own execution of Facebook and Twitter, while developing and maintaining Facebook and Twitter content calendars that combine both inspirational messaging with focus on product to drive engagement and site traffic
• Manage all Pinterest content and execution with a heavy focus on inspirational storytelling to drive engagement
• Assist in development of seasonal social media strategy and help ideate custom content in order to support site initiatives
• Assist in weekly and monthly reporting, including competitive dashboards
• Keep abreast of social media trends, focusing on the fashion industry
• A social media expert who knows the difference between brand usage and individual usage
• Highly self-motivated, positive team player who takes initiative but remains flexible and calm in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and the ability to be resourceful is a must
• Passionate about visual storytelling; you can curate beautiful Pinterest boards and overtly obsess about your Instagram feed aesthetic
• Quick-witted and social media lingo savvy, you know your emojis
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a team and deliver results
• Data driven - you know how to find out what's working and what isn't
• Knowledge of e-commerce and social media marketing
• Strong creative background is a plus; photography and/or graphic design
• Previous experience with social management and publishing tools
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top