Assistant Manager- Sales, Times Square (New Store), Gap
Are you ready for the next bigthing? (We mean REALLY big.)
This Fall, Gap and Old Navy arelaunching new flagship stores in New York City's Times Square, right onBroadway.
It's the most-visited place onearth: 50 million people walk Times Square's streets every year.
We know that the world willliterally be watching, and we're going to wow them with innovative andimmersive brand experiences that reinvent retail. The people who lead theseone-of-a-kind stores will be leading the Gap Inc. retail experience into thenext decade.
It's a career-defining, life-changing opportunity and we'relooking for nothing short of the best leaders in retail to be a part of ourTimes Square team. If your qualifications match the following job descriptions,and you're inspired to lead Gap into the future, we'd love to meet you
As the Assistant Manager, you areresponsible to execute the store business plan to achieve performance goals.You play a key role in maintaining focus around the achievement of salesbudget, customer loyalty, as well as other Company goals. Through collaborationwith your General Manager/Assistant General Manager, and your store team, youwill ensure operational processes are in place and analyze business results todetermine actions necessary to deliver on objectives. You will teach and coachbehaviors to the Specialist and Sales Associates to cultivate a high performingteam that delivers a best-in-class customer experience.
- Builds effective teams + drives aculture of high performance + engagement; Supports the execution of performancegoals for store team through thoughtful & timely feedback
- Drives Results – Stays informed,maintains focus on priorities and implements action plans to maximizeefficiencies
- Collaborates with managers andemployees to execute strategic initiatives and improve processes
- Creates an optimistic, rewarding andcollaborative work environment in which employees are confident and encouragedto grow to support our succession and talent pipeline goals
- Acts as a trusted leader withunderstanding of the impact of initiatives on customer experience, workload,productivity, employee engagement, and store compliance
- Upholds the commitments to thecompany's processes, values, and Code of Business Conduct at all times
- Drives Store Sales through a customerfirst mindset
- Ensures consistent execution byproviding clear direction of Standard Operating Procedures and initiatives tomaximize customer satisfaction and business efficiencies
- Teaches and coaches behaviors tobuild confidence enabling a high-performing team to consistently deliver bestin class customer experience
- Identify areas to improve overallperformance by creating functional action plans • Recruits, hires, on - boardsand guides the Sales Associates and Specialists
- Support areas to improve overallperformance while taking action to decrease losses, minimize shrink and allother forms of risk to ensure store compliance standards are met
- Owner of assigned Divisional ofResponsibility (DOR) and the accountability to the role
- Performs Leader on Dutyresponsibilities; providing overall leadership for the location for certainshifts • Partners with peers and others by offering help when needed
- Empowerment – has experienceproviding clear direction to guide employee actions while offering support andfollow up as necessary
- Customer Impact –known forunderstanding the customer and to lead a team that responds with a sense ofurgency to the customer needs
- Accountability – experience incoaching to support teams following guidelines
- Drives Results - demonstrated abilityto personally achieve goals and assigned tasks while leading others to do thesame allowing for process efficiencies
- Merchandising acumen to inspirecustomers and instill loyalty resulting in increased sales
- Has success in driving highperformance through ongoing development of employee
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of retail leadership or specialist experience with emphasis in generating sales or operations
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top