Assistant Manager, Fabric R&D - Structured Wovens, Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global appareland accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on deliveringversatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style thatendures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seekto make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe inseeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making ityour own. We live with style.
What We Do:TheAssistant Manager, Fabric R&D will work cross-functionally to driveinnovation and new technology for fabric trends with a strong focus on researchand development in his/her category.
- Strong focuson research and development for woven fabrics.
- Assist inresearch and development for suiting, pants and outerwear fabrics.
- Attend localfabric shows and meet with mills to explore new technology, develop mill relationshipsand research fabric direction.
- Assist inorganizing and maintaining the seasonal fabric library
- Assist inbuilding presentations for fabric trends, innovation and new technology forwoven fabrics with an emphasis on structured and tailored fabrics.
- Meetregularly with mills and BR's core suppliers to learn any new technologies,updates in finishing and innovation in fabric.
- Partnerclosely with GIS with all new development communication, initiate fabric testingon a seasonal basis and track sample yard cuttings for leadership meetings.
- Assist incommunication for all seasonal sample yardage requests.
- Monitor allcalendar deliverables to ensure all deadlines and development dates aremet.
- Assist inorganizing and maintaining seasonal development books.
- Assist inorganizing and maintaining SMR reference cuttings.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Bachelor'sDegree or equivalent experience preferred
- Basictechnical knowledge of fabrications
- Abilityto negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions
- Workingknowledge and understanding of Production
- Provenability to work closely and partner effectively with designers and vendors
- Hasan understanding of trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrityrequirements, product cycle timeline, and fabric garment construction
- Stronginterpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to regularlyinterface with and influence management
- Proficientin Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top