Assistant Manager, Creative Strategy - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduit of information between in-market merchandising team and US/Design communities: collect and communicate all Banana Republic women's product related information.
- Work closely with Global Merchants to analyze sales, market trends and other pertinent data; communicate areas of strength and opportunities to design partners to ensure global needs are being met.
- Partner with merchants to leverage US development, determine market seasonal needs and relay merchandise line plans.
- Serve as the link between all cross-channel markets, leveraging consistent needs for exclusive product - partner with Manager to be the key communicator between cross-channel merchants, production and Design
- Work with design team to ensure exclusive product needs are met and effectively delivered while maintaining the aesthetics of the brand.
- Understand brand concepts, flow strategy, key messages and marketing ideas
- Work with manager to align global market selections with brand positioning and collection-driven point of view
- Assist manager in pre-editing the line prior to merchant travel for adoption.
- Analyze and interpret competitive market trend information and customer feedback.
- Establish competitor information knowledge base through competitive shopping and on-line research
- Analyze and interpret all merchant sales recaps.
- Become familiar with and be aware of all special store groups needs such as: flagship, top, premier stores, seasonal accessory shops, etc.
- Present best seller styles to US/Design based cross-functional partners at key selling periods using TOP samples to analyze sales trend and future opportunities.
- Help ensure a successful pipeline execution.
- Obtain and manage samples for assigned area.
- Monitor major line changes, recommend assortment adjustments and communicate changes to other cross-functional and cross-channel partners for assigned area.
- Responsible for organizing samples of top 5/classification and archiving them.
- Responsible for capturing visuals of landed lines by market at adoption and archiving them.
- Participate in fit and detail meetings
55 THOMAS STREET
- Demonstrates a clear point of view and awareness of product market trends and opportunities
- Consistently communicate in a clear and timely manner.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Aptitude for financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Developed understanding of retail business preferred.
- Product knowledge and understanding of brand positioning.
- Strong organizational, merchandising and communication abilities preferred.
- Attending late night or early morning global conference calls might be required.
- Available some weekends and/or evenings.
- Ability to transport and maneuver merchandise.
- College education required; bachelors degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in fashion/retail, preferably in product management and/or merchandising.
- Ability and willingness to travel 2-6 times per year, as determined by your manager
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top