Assistant Manager - Century City (NEW STORE)
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
As the Assistant Manager, you are responsible to execute the store business plan to achieve performance goals. You play a key role in maintaining focus around the achievement of sales budget, customer loyalty, as well as other Company goals. Through collaboration with your General Manager/Assistant General Manager, and your store team, you will ensure operational processes are in place and analyze business results to determine actions necessary to deliver on objectives. You will teach and coach behaviors to the Specialist and Sales Associates to cultivate a high performing team that delivers a best-in-class customer experience.
- Builds effective teams + drives a culture of high performance + engagement; Supports the execution of performance goals for store team through thoughtful & timely feedback
- Drives Results – Stays informed, maintains focus on priorities and implements action plans to maximize efficiencies
- Collaborates with managers and employees to execute strategic initiatives and improve processes
- Creates an optimistic, rewarding and collaborative work environment in which employees are confident and encouraged to grow to support our succession and talent pipeline goals
- Acts as a trusted leader with understanding of the impact of initiatives on customer experience, workload, productivity, employee engagement, and store compliance
- Upholds the commitments to the company's processes, values, and Code of Business Conduct at all times
- Drives Store Sales through a customer first mindset
- Ensures consistent execution by providing clear direction of Standard Operating Procedures and initiatives to maximize customer satisfaction and business efficiencies
- Teaches and coaches behaviors to build confidence enabling a high-performing team to consistently deliver best in class customer experience
- Identify areas to improve overall performance by creating functional action plans • Recruits, hires, on - boards and guides the Sales Associates and Specialists
- Support areas to improve overall performance while taking action to decrease losses, minimize shrink and all other forms of risk to ensure store compliance standards are met
- Owner of assigned Divisional of Responsibility (DOR) and the accountability to the role
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities; providing overall leadership for the location for certain shifts • Partners with peers and others by offering help when needed
- Empowerment – has experience providing clear direction to guide employee actions while offering support and follow up as necessary
- Customer Impact –known for understanding the customer and to lead a team that responds with a sense of urgency to the customer needs
- Accountability – experience in coaching to support teams following guidelines
- Drives Results - demonstrated ability to personally achieve goals and assigned tasks while leading others to do the same allowing for process efficiencies
- Merchandising acumen to inspire customers and instill loyalty resulting in increased sales
- Has success in driving high performance through ongoing development of employee
10250 SANTA MONICA BLVD
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of retail leadership or specialist experience with emphasis in generating sales or operations
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top