Assistant Manager - Banana Republic Factory Store - Chicago Premium
Who We Are
Banana Republic Brand Ambassador: We are team players who are engaging, sociable, team oriented and stylish. We are passionate about fashion and trend and always do what is right for our customers. We create a customer centric environment and are relentless about exceeding goals. We are curious, honest and kind; we bring joy to everyone.
Engaging: We are inviting, easily connecting with others. We are passionate, approachable and in service to our customers. We recognize others successes. Sociable: We actively seek new experiences, information, and knowledge. We proactively solicit feedback from our internal and external customers, responding quickly to feedback. We are digitally connected and socially conscious. Team Oriented: We work together to achieve our goals. We are supportive, respectful and caring. We remain resilient in difficult situations. Stylish: We are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about product and trend. Our style is relevant and chic.
What We Do
As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the GM and/ or Associate Manager in creating the conditions for success in all aspects of their store's business, including sourcing and training all Brand Ambassadors; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities, and creating a compelling customer centric experience. The Assistant Manager supports the GM and Associate Manager in sharing the vision for the store, communicating in a way that each employee is aware of their contribution to the store's success. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading a rotating Division of Responsibility (Product, Talent and Operations) while achieving key business goals.
- Business Results: Supports the inspiration of the team to achieve results and perform at a high level. Is knowledgeable about the competition and market trends to positively impact business. Drives productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals. Contributes to the implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies. Supports strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Customer Centric: Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers. Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty. Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential. Ensures the team executes operational excellence through a customer centric mindset.
- Ambassador: Represents the brand, understands the competitors and supports excellent tenant and community relationships. Promotes store involvement with our Community in Action programs. Upholds high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer. Supports effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
- Builds Highly Productive Teams: Sources, selects and develops high potential talent, effectively assessing for skill and cultural fit. Accountable for team performance through, coaching and feedback. Teaches and trains Brand Ambassadors to build skill.
- Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Accountable: Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance. Supports efforts to reduce in store shrink activity through education and awareness. Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
1650 PREMIUM OUTLETS BLVD
- 1-3 years of retail management experience
- Customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Basic business acumen skills
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Communicates effectively
- Tech savvy
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top