Assistant Digital Merchandiser - Girls
About the role
The Assistant Digital Merchandiser provides support in creating and executing end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies to hit divisional and ONOL plans. Support the divisional site merchandising strategies, that alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
What you'll do
- Support and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a category within Old Navy Online
- Support the development and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Meet category sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Support in-season management of department/class level plan including ongoing assessments and updates.
- Execute category pricing strategies that align with the financials plans
- Support seasonal hindsight strategies used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
- Execute to strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Execute to vision of product experience on the site.
- Support customer experience across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Accountable for work commitments and outcomes
Who you are
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- BA or BS Preferred
- 1-2 years' work experience, preferably in merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Excellent time management and execution of assigned tasks. Displays curiosity and ask questions to better understand how to improve business results. Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions
- Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Acquires new knowledge, and embraces opportunity to learn
- Talent Builder skills; supports self-development
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Provide support when requested. Ask questions. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Positively interacts with others
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top