Assistant Digital Merchandiser - Girls
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Assistant Digital Merchandiser provides support in creating and executing end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies to hit divisional and ONOL plans. Support the divisional site merchandising strategies, that alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
- Support and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a category within Old Navy Online
- Support the development and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Meet category sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Support in-season management of department/class level plan including ongoing assessments and updates.
- Execute category pricing strategies that align with the financials plans
- Support seasonal hindsight strategies used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
- Execute to strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Execute to vision of product experience on the site.
- Support customer experience across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Accountable for work commitments and outcomes
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- BA or BS Preferred
- 1-2 years' work experience, preferably in merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Excellent time management and execution of assigned tasks. Displays curiosity and ask questions to better understand how to improve business results. Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions
- Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Acquires new knowledge, and embraces opportunity to learn
- Talent Builder skills; supports self-development
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Provide support when requested. Ask questions. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Positively interacts with others
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top