Assistant Designer - Women's CAD
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: Under general supervision, the Assistant Designer assists in designing product line that is consistent with a season's theme. This person will work more independently in creating and executing the design for a limited area of responsibility. Work will be reviewed by manager on a periodic basis.
- Prepares basic flat sketch designs.
- Assists with basic specification of product.
- Assists with color b.o.m.'s.
- Attends fitting sessions with manager; make revisions to sketch and design package as needed.
- May assist in researching the local market.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Trim Department to keep abreast of current ideas.
- Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
- Basic product and fabric knowledge.
- Basic understanding of garment construction.
- Basic design and color sense.
- Ability to perform basic flat sketches.
- Basic organizational and communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
- One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top