Assistant Buyer, Weddington Way
Based in San Francisco, CA, Weddington Way offers millennials a new way to shop for weddings, featuring an exclusive collection of fresh + modern bridesmaid dresses. Weddington Way designs and manufactures their own dresses - meaning no middle-men, no markups, and styles crafted with detail and intention that you can't find anywhere else. Weddington Way pioneered a community-centric shopping experience that lets friends shop together online in a virtual showroom. With its technology-first approach, Weddington Way is a breath of fresh air in the wedding planning process. For more information, please visit http://www.weddingtonway.com
Weddington Way's team + culture:
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We respect and listen to each other. We prioritize celebration and community. We believe in work/life balance, but we like when you bring your life to work. Seriously, we love meeting your dogs, cats, babies, husbands, girlfriends, moms, etc.
Our team is made up of dynamic, intelligent, best in class individuals. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and bring with them a unique perspective, which we are excited to listen to. We believe that our brand is the only as good as the people behind it, and that we are stronger as team than as individuals. We believe in collaboration. We are equal parts hard work and heart.
What we are looking for in our Assistant Buyer:
The Weddington Way Assistant Buyer will support the merchandising team in executing a compelling assortment that will delight customers while delivering the business goals. At Weddington Way we operate with the customer in mind first – we start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do.
This role will support the Head of Merchandising with the development and maintenance of an inspirational assortment, inventory planning, and will be responsible for ensuring intuitive and accurate product details and navigation on the website and in stores.
Merchandising & Site management
- Supports manager to develop, assort and purchase product in support of the merchandising strategy and vision. Trouble-shoots problems and supports resolution across functions
- Identifies trend and/or merchandising opportunities in anticipation of and in response to customer demand
- Recommends & executes site merchandise sorting strategy to better engage and convert customers based on current business trends, google analytics results, marketing messages, and awareness of competitive sites
- Ensures that product pages reflect accurate details, pricing, imagery and inventory
- Maintains assortment records, ensuring style facts are correctly logged and reflected accurately in POs, on the website, in store marketing, etc.
- Supports creation of marketing content that links to merchandise: ensures accuracy of linking, product descriptions, pricing, inventory availability, etc.
- Supports the photo planning process including sourcing and tracking samples, recording shotlists, liaising with producer/photo studio, etc.
- Supports development of bottoms-up inventory plans for dresses & accessories
- Supports development of reports and analysis to track sales and inventory
- Manages monthly receipt reconciliation process to provide an accurate financial record of open orders
- Partners with production to track incoming PO's to ensure timely delivery and communicate any issues (e.g. late or priority orders) to appropriate contacts (merchant, ops, DC, etc.)
- Initiates process to prioritize order processing with distribution center as needed, ensuring product is delivered in a timely manner for weddings
- Supports tracking of showroom sample inventory needs and replenishment
- Works with Ops & Tech to communicate system bugs and issues
- Communicate resolution and status of fixes to merchandising team
Capabilities and Mindset:
- Customer obsession – customer first thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills and judgment
- Ownership – you never say "that's not my job" and anything on your plate will get done
- Prioritization – keen ability to prioritize in a rapid, ever-changing environment
- Analytical – both quantitative and qualitative
- Sharp communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook, and comfort with Google applications
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly
- Ability or previous experience with backend website systems
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently and with attention to business impact/urgency and enthused by a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years' experience in inventory management and/or online merchandising
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top