Assistant Apparel Designer (Toddler Boys, Female Active)
About the role
We are looking for Assistant Designers to join Old Navy at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. There are opportunities across multiple divisions + departments across the organization. Please see the departments + list of opportunities below. We are looking for eager, passionate + creative individuals who are looking to dive in + kick start their career.
What you'll do
- Assistant Designer Women's Woven Bottoms
- Assistant Designer Women's Fleece
- Assistant Designer Men's Denim + Woven Bottoms
- Assistant Designer Boys
- Assistant Designer Newborn Girl
- Assistant Designer Male Activewear
HOW TO APPLY (must meet all below criteria for consideration):
- Send an email to Adeline Gheorghita, Creative Recruiter with SUBJECT LINE: Assistant Designer (ENTER PRODUCT CATEGORY HERE) at email@example.com
- Include the following: Resume, PDF or link to creative portfolio + specify which role and/or department you are most interested in (only submissions with all requirements included will be considered)
- After looking over your submission, we will make final decisions on who we would like to move forward to complete projects + assign you a project brief for your desired division/category + have you present to the team
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for specing a new design.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Can meet independently with vendors.
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Good design and color sense.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements.
Trust & Honesty
Collaboration & Influencing
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
- *For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Who you are
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
Back to top