- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
At Old Navy, our Marketing organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and amazing creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether supporting our digital initiatives, planning our loyalty program, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, writing copy, building exciting in-store experiences, or designing national advertising, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to our consumer of fun, fashion, and value. The pace is fast, and the learning is constant - as part of this driven team, the opportunities are endless.
What you'll do
- Generate, lead and develop creative concepts, delivering elevated fashion and still-life photography and video content.
- Sell through concepts and creative strategy by effectively communicate vision to business partners and senior leadership.
- Direct photo-planning from concept ideation to post-production- including proposing photographers, stylists and casting, pulling relevant image references, and providing clear post-production direction.
- Execute elevated fashion and still-life photography, and video content.
- Own driving the creative direction through tactical asset execution.
- Research competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a talented internal Creative team.
Take high level strategic feedback and translate into tactical, actionable direction.
- Assign tasks to team members, setting clear, specific performance objectives, standards and accountability.
- Provide the team with insights and background behind goals and required action.
- Ensure that appropriate brand matrices and style guidelines are being adhered to, and constantly reevaluated for improvement.
- Drive Creative team to creative excellence with on-brand, innovative collateral.
- Define own creative plan within large strategy.
- Attend strategy meetings with creative management to determine scope of projects and ensure strategic and tactical creative objectives are met.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners- including Marketing and Program Management to ensure that concepts meet business needs.
- Support the overall branding and marketing objectives across all channels including digital marketing, site, email and print collateral.
- BA Graphic Design preferred
- Strong creative background; a minimum of 5 years of retail, photographic direction, and art direction. Relevant portfolio of recent work.
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience.
- Digital and/or agency experience a plus.
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of fashion.
- Leadership maturity, especially in a fast paced, high volume, highly iterative environment.
- Flexibility and ability to lead teams through ambiguity, shifting self and resources as needed.
- Proven track of building talent; inspiring, motivating, leading and developing teams both creatively and commercially.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Digital photography and software expertise in InDesign and Adobe CS5. Knowledge Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top