As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is looking for a Brand Art Director. The Brand Art Director will work directly under the VP Brand Creative Director and must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, ideate spontaneously across a broad range of areas and translate ideas and abstract concepts into visually materials that support brand and its product strategies.
The Brand Art Director role requires a strong graphic design and production background with skills in typography, branding and advertising/ marketing. The position would also require the candidate to clearly communicate these ideas to cross functional partners, outside agencies and vendors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Art Director will create compelling creative solutions for all creative brand initiatives based on the brand positioning.
- Including the creation and execution of, seasonal stories, internal presentations, engagement programs and directional store documents.
- Translate strategic and conceptual direction into working creative assets, both 2 and 3D, across all mediums including; product packaging, ecommerce, POS/ retail environment, merchandising, social media, print and digital advertising, franchise toolkit/guides, conference and consumer engagement environments.
- Apply current trends in culture, design, advertising, fashion, social media, digital, entertainment, etc. to the brand in ways that keep the brand relevant.
- Manage multiple projects, outside partner relationships and corresponding deadlines.
- Understand post production of photographic and printed materials, and be able to communicate with corresponding vendors.
- Excellent computer skills: Creative Suite
- Understands concept development and brand strategy
- Understanding of film and editing a plus.
- Positive energy with the ability to motivate teams and communicate new ideas
- XHTML (not necessary)
- CSS (not necessary)
- Adobe Final Cut Pro (not necessary)
- BA/BS/BFA in Graphic Design and/or MA/MFA
- 5 years minimum in Graphic Design
- Advertising or Design Agency Experience a plus
- Photo and video production experience helpful
- Portfolio demonstrating solid experience in graphic design and/or art direction
- Knowledge of the industry (Branding, Design, Advertising)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top