Architecture & Engineering Project Coordinator, Gap Inc.
The Architecture & Engineering (A&E) team is a critical Store Development function that provides design, architecture, and engineering services for all new and remodel projects across our vast North American and Mexico fleets. This team is responsible for delivering high quality drawings end-to-end; from schematic store design to final construction drawings, and closely supports other key functions in the organization to develop, open and operate our stores with expert technical guidance.
The A&E Project Coordinator will work closely with the head of the department and leadership team to track and analyze key business intelligence metrics and provide project and organizational support to the broader A&E team of approximately 20 seasoned professionals. The A&E Coordinator will organize, coordinate, and communicate critical project tasks and information within the department, with other Gap Inc. functions, and with consultants and vendors.
- Learning Agility
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Drive Results
The A&E Project Coordinator will work closely with the head of the department and leadership team to analyze key business and industry trends, and participate in project activities in collaboration with the broader A&E team of approximately 20 seasoned professionals and adjacent business partners.
- Work with Department Leaders to develop business analysis metrics and reporting.
- Support project management team with performing project due diligence and gathering permit requirements. Monitor and report permit activity across the portfolio.
- Provide schematic design support to the senior project management team.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with multiple business partners to facilitate design review and approval process.
- Manage Change Directive work streams across multiple projects and teams.
- Support consultant accounting and contract activity.
- Contribute to critical project schedule, cost, and quality management.
- Develop organizational systems utilizing industry experience to facilitate efficiency and consistency across team members.
- Manage project close-out requirements.
- Candidates should have familiarity with Architecture, Engineering or Construction fields and understanding of basic industry terms and concepts.
- Successful candidates will be detail oriented, open to learning new skills, able to drive results, collaborative and resourceful.
- Able to think and act independently with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple requests.
- Ability to work within established schedules with deadline accountability.
- Able to establish and build partnerships with all levels of the team, department leadership, brand business partners and peers.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Beneficial skills and qualifications: Graphic skills, Notary or willing to become a Notary.
- College degree
- 3 years' minimum work experience in Design, Architecture, Construction, or Development related fields preferred.
- 3 years' demonstrated support of a medium to large team is preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top