Architect, Stores Platform Retail Technology
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Stores Architect will drive and own current and strategic architecture for Gap Inc. Stores Platform across all brands. The Stores Platform comprises of all applications and infrastructure used for supporting Point-of-Service (POS), Loyalty, Store Inventory, Workforce Management, Stores Portal and other back-of-house applications. The Stores Architect will drive discussions focused on building highly scalable, resilient, available, and secure applications that adapt to emerging standards and technologies. The Stores Architect will also assess current Stores application landscape in order to plan and execute a Cloud Migration strategy for these applications.
- Create Stores Architecture roadmap and drive the journey to the cloud
- Partner with Stores DevOps and Support teams in the design of new applications and enhancements to existing applications; thus, ensuring that they align with Stores strategic architecture
- Partner with Store Engineering team to explore and implement next-generation infrastructure in Stores that is aligned with Stores strategic growth
- Document architectural patterns, guidelines, blueprints, and internal processes of all strategic Stores applications using Application Architecture Documents
- Explore, prototype, and identify new tools and technologies for use within Stores
- Partner with Architecture Review Board in getting approvals for Application Architecture Documents, Tools and Technologies for use within Stores
- Design, implement, and test Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Architecture
- Ensure all Store Applications meet SLAs for quality attributes like scalability, availability, resilience, performance, monitoring, and security
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations
- Partner with Product Managers, DevOps, Stores Support, Store Engineering, and Cloud Platform teams to ensure alignment on Stores Strategic Architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related focus
- 7+ years as Solution/Enterprise Architect in Retail Stores and/or eCommerce
- Exceptional problem solving skills coupled with strong communication and presentation skills; ability to forge relationships and influence up and down the organizational levels
- Hands-on experience architecting and implementing large-scale, highly available, scalable, and secure applications
- Champion of architecture through the filter of application security best practices and use of firewalls, encryption, and incident response
- Deep experience in Agile methodology; knowledgeable in the setup and use of CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with a public cloud vendor (e.g. Azure / AWS / Salesforce)
- Strong knowledge of Store network architecture, load balancing, DNS, VPC/VNET, Linux, and virtualization technologies such as VMware and OpenStack
- C++, Swift, Ruby
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Oracle Retail Platform
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top