Analyst / Senior Analyst (Costing)
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Support in setting strategic direction for costing to ensure the simplifying the costing process & getting costing transparency with supplier. He/she performs work and supports the Manager with the clear objective of setting up transparent costing with vendor & support in costing negotiations process.
What you will do
- Simplifying the whole costing process & establishing transparent costing with suppliers
- Support in setting up business allocation decision based on product-based supply chain
- Improve the AUC margin expectations through key levers product strategy, man machine ratio, factory efficiency, labor cost and material optimization with the aim to deliver product value to the consumer.
- Establish and continuously update costing frameworks, standards and tools that enable transparent, fact-based costing with suppliers
- Explore & develop training materials for both Gap internal staffs & external vendors/factories.
- Establish an appropriate governance for cost validation through standardization, benchmarking
- Supporting in creating factory level/country level cost competitive matrix.
Explore & develop new training tools and training materials for both Gap internal staffs & external vendors/factories.
Who you are
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing within apparel on-apparel industry
- Thorough understanding of Gap Inc. CoBC protocols.
- Basic knowledge of sourcing (i.e. LEAN, Quality, Sustainability, Manufacturing processes)
- Knowledge of PMTS based tools and Marker making tools to material Yield have an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of product cost drivers (i.e. Macro factors which drives the cost)
- Solid industry knowledge including market trends for new vendor sourcing and development
- Ability to create reports, provide analysis and recommendations to improve productivity & efficiency
- Communication skills- both written and verbal - English; local language is an added advantage
- Strong negotiations skill, risk management and trouble shooting skills; works proactively
- Ability to influence all levels internal; & external supplier management
- Supervision, training and staff learning development skills
- Planning, scheduling and reporting strengths
- University graduate or degree in Industrial Engineering or Textile or Garment (Industry related) or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years business experience in managing end to end costing in apparel supply chain / FMCG industry
- Staff management and supervising experience across broad geographical area.
Back to top