Analyst, Product Strategy & Operations - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you!
Job Summary: The Product Strategy & Operations team is responsible for enabling our product teams to achieve high performance and bring product strategies to life by providing product insights at the right time, creating clear growth strategies tied to long range plans and building best in class processes.This role will drive the creation of deliverables, including maintenance of all pipeline related process materials and project management tools.They will also support planning and logistics for product milestone meetings and execute research, data gathering and analysis.
- Provide project management support for key transformational initiatives by capturing and summarizing the work done by the team.
- Facilitate team alignment on progress and next steps including developing agendas, cascading meeting notes, identifying next steps, etc.
- Drive "best in class" process development by helping to identify and implement needed improvements to processes in a clear, systematic and standardized approach across the brand.
- Support the facilitation of key milestone meetings by creating agendas and communicating clear expectations to teams that meet deliverables of both the pipeline and leadership.
- Assist with general meeting management by ensuring teams are clear on format, expectations and follow up.
Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience demonstrating analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented; able to execute with efficiency and accuracy
- Research sources, techniques, and presentation
- Industry and competitive analysis, modeling, and financial analysis
- Business strategy development
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Good communication skills: written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presence: work well as part of a cross-functional team
- Project management
Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Comfort in fast paced, dynamic, matrixed work environment
- BA/BS degree required
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably within retail industry, management consulting, consumer products, and/or investment banking
- Interest/knowledge of retail industry
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top