Analyst, Global Merchandise Planning, Women's Knits
- Assist in the development, execution and communication of merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objective of a department/class.
- Assist in managing the financial success of a department or class by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goal.
- Analyze historical data and current trends.
- Identify risks and opportunities by department or class.
- Solicit ideas for issue resolution.
- Participate in formulation of pre-season strategy with merchant and planner.
- Partner with Merchandise Planner in creating pre-season financial sales and inventory plans by department, classes and/or style.
- Participate in reconciliation of top-down to bottom-up plans.
- Recap and review actual sales performance weekly/monthly to plan.
- Re-project in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Partner with planner to identify risks/opportunities and develop action plans to achieve financial goals (open to buy).
- Re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet financial goals.
- Partner with planner in developing department level markdowns and strategies.
- Participate in meetings with knowledge of prepared materials.
- Communicate financial results to manager and functional team on a weekly basis.
- Provide manager and planner with timely feedback on personal developmental and training needs.
- Actively participate in company sponsored planner training program.
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with planning and cross-functional teams
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships
- Facility with personal computers, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications
55 THOMAS STREET
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years analytical experience
- Must be able to use Excel
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top