Analyst, Global Merchandise Planning, Women's
- Assist in the development, execution and communication of merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objective of a department/class.
- Assist in managing the financial success of a department or class by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goal.
- Analyze historical data and current trends.
- Identify risks and opportunities by department or class.
- Solicit ideas for issue resolution.
- Participate in formulation of pre-season strategy with merchant and planner.
- Partner with Merchandise Planner in creating pre-season financial sales and inventory plans by department, classes and/or style.
- Participate in reconciliation of top-down to bottom-up plans.
- Recap and review actual sales performance weekly/monthly to plan.
- Re-project in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Partner with planner to identify risks/opportunities and develop action plans to achieve financial goals (open to buy).
- Re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet financial goals.
- Partner with planner in developing department level markdowns and strategies.
- Participate in meetings with knowledge of prepared materials.
- Communicate financial results to manager and functional team on a weekly basis.
- Provide manager and planner with timely feedback on personal developmental and training needs.
- Actively participate in company sponsored planner training program.
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with planning and cross-functional teams
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships
- Facility with personal computers, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications
55 THOMAS STREET
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years analytical experience
- Must be able to operate a computer
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top