Analyst - Global Merchandise Planning
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Analyst of VMI/Basics is responsible for managing the buy and forecast of basics across all regional markets. The analyst is responsible for maintaining in stock positioning through accurate demand forecasting and for partnering with merchandising and production on the successful integration of VMI into our buying process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyst VMI/Basics, Global Planning oversees the basics within a division/department with the below responsibilities:
- Responsible successful forecasting of basics across owned product category.
- Responsible for maintaining basics service levels and in stock positioning across global markets.
- Responsible for basics size analysis across our global markets to maximize margin and turn.
- Influence basics size curves across the market based on size selling analysis.
- Responsible for partnering with production, planning and merchandising on the integration of VMI.
- Responsible for partnering with Inventory Strategy on the maintenance of VMI.
- Manage the financial success of long life product by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Accurately forecast and buy basics inventory across all regions.
- Identify risks and opportunities.
- Review buy plans/strategies and ensure plans meet financial targets.
Minimum 2 to 3 years inventory management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top