Analyst, Divisional Merchandise Planning, Franchise, Gap Brand
Gap.Inc is hiring an Analyst, Divisional Merchandise Planning, Franchise, Gap Brand.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a division.
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability.
- Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department and class.
- Create pre-season style plans that support divisional strategies.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all basic styles and develop strategies to meet department financial goals.
- Own open to buy forecasts.
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meeting
- Participate in company and Brand initiatives as appropriate.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
- Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings
- Analysis of the business both at Sub brand level and total roll up
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
- Provide manager with timely feedback on personal development and training needs.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional team (merchandising, web production, company planning, OMS, marketing).
- Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
- Develop cross-divisional relationships to share best practices.
- Provide site recommendations regarding product placement and maximization of trend performance.
- Some tool and process development as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadline.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- 1-2 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top