Analyst, Business Process & Technology
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Key contributor to streams of work for Gap Inc. Compensation processes/programs, providing support and data analysis for the Rewards team. Responsible for tactical support and administration of job structures, base pay, variable pay plans, and global compensation infrastructure. Leads administration of Field Incentive and Corporate Bonus calculations.
What you'll do
- Contributes to Gap Inc. Compensation projects and processes. Through regular data analysis, ensures the accurate representation of data in compensation systems.
- Leads administration of field incentive and corporate bonus calculations, ensuring accurate and timely payments and that appropriate SOX controls are met. Partners with Field Finance, Regional Assistants, and CSSC.
- Centrally manage creation and updates of global job codes, salary plansanges, and location salary plan assignments.
- Facilitates mass employee data changes. Partners with CSSC and IT to establish timeline and validates that updates are successful.
- Updates compensation collateral across Gapweb and folio; regularly audits sharepoint user access rights. Updates LDAP bonus plan eligibility.
- Ensures that all range and merit guideline data (merit budgets, guidelines, and salary ranges) are complete and accurately loaded into relevant systems (PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, Survey Management).
- Supports technical programs for HRMS, Base Pay, Variable Pay (Corporate and Field), FAVR, Global Grading and Market Survey systems.
- Works closely with Rewards, IT and Shared Services teams as well as other internal and external key stakeholders to manage technology and business process.
- Contributes to the Annual Focal/Rewards review process work streams. Minimum Wage: Monitors regulatory compliance and manages ongoing minimum wage updates per legislation.
- Prioritizes project work and immediate needs of programs
- While the focus of the work is daily tactical execution, has the ability to connect-the-dots on global programs and work requirements. Able to communicate and summarize global programs and findings of analysis
- 2-3 years experience in HR, IT, or Compensation systems with deep experience in systems preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to our business partners; ability to collaborate within and outside the HR team.
- Demonstrates curiosity to understand business and HR needs and identifies solutions/strategies that align to these needs. Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Excel, Access or other relational database, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with HRMS systems required.
- Flexibility to work in situations where there is no unique, correct answer and in a dynamic business environment. Bachelors Degree (preferred in Finance, Business Administration, IT or Human Resources), or equivalent work experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top