Analyst - BR/BRFS Product Operations
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Analyst of BR/BRFS Product Operations will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Banana Republic & Banana Republic Factory Stores organizations by providing clear visibility to the measurable impacts of our ongoing operating model transformation. As we accelerate the adoption of new product development capabilities and continuously improve our core product-to-market process, this role will provide reporting and tools that enable the business to optimize how we use our creative, operational and financial resources.
This position requires a strong understanding of the systems and tools behind our product life cycle, and an innate curiosity as to how to mine and display data to drive change. Must have the ability to synthesize data, communicate persuasively, and effectively leverage relationships with executives and teams. Familiarity with the product creation process, with knowledge of the functional responsibilities for design, product development, merchandising and IM would be a plus. Also partners with the supply chain, GapTech, and international sourcing offices to improve visibility and reporting associated to key product development metrics.
Product Operations (P2M and New Capability Building)
- Support VP in monthly dashboard creation and reporting metrics to support enterprise transformation goals
- Create/pull pipeline metrics to better measure or quantify process efficiencies
Product Creation Operations
- Create, maintain and syndicate reporting in support of:
- weekly, monthly and seasonal visibility to key development metrics including raw material, prototype and sampling development ratios.
- fabric platforming adoption rates and progress against targets
- responsive capability adoption rates and progress against targets
- product knowledge and style specific data points
- brand fabric liability dashboard
- price architecture attribution
- book date analytics (including % exposure by book date)
- buy readiness analytics and seasonal open issue tracking
- sustainability analytics
Product Creation Technical Operations
- Partner on deployment of project, process, training meetings with cross functional teams/leaders for new tool rollout
- Measure results to quantify improvements made/needed
- Support brand onboarding/tools training for Product Development, Merchandising new hires
- Strong analytical capability, with strength in mining and displaying data
- Experience in tool building preferred
- Familiar with design/product development, merchandising, production and/or inventory management, or Supply Chain Management concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent project management skills; detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
Minimum educational level / Experience:
- BA/BS degree minimum
- 3+ years in data analysis, product development, supply chain, retail strategy and/or consulting
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams); Data visualization experience preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top