The Allocator is responsible for effectively managing storeinventory levels to support overall sales and inventory plans. The Allocationteam is collaborative and partners closely with the Buying, Planning and Fieldteams.
- Develop allocation strategies to improve sell thru andGMROI at the store, style, color and size level.
- Optimize initial allocations and replenishment strategies toexisting stores and new store openings, based on sales trends, and fixturecapacity/presentation at the style/color size level.
- Develop thorough knowledge of store and district levelperformance through extensive data analysis.
- Work closely with Buyers and Planners to collaborate anddrive allocation strategies, and ensure alignment with cross-functionalpartners.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency and accuracy ofinformation and share best practices.
- Analyze size selling reports by vendor/department; makenecessary adjustment to maximize opportunity and work with buying team onrecommending size scales for future buys.
- Participate in business meetings with strong point of viewbringing allocation perspective to the table in regards to businessimprovement.
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
- 2-3 years of related field experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Detailed knowledge of retail math
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills / formulawriting
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Self starter, can enhance/build processes and procedures
- Self motivated
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and adapt tofast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Creative, Dynamic, Strategic, Results Oriented
- Passion for apparel/luxury/fashion/retail brands
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top