The Allocator is responsible for effectively managing storeinventory levels to support overall sales and inventory plans. The Allocationteam is collaborative and partners closely with the Buying, Planning and Fieldteams.
- Develop allocation strategies to improve sell thru andGMROI at the store, style, color and size level.
- Optimize initial allocations and replenishment strategies toexisting stores and new store openings, based on sales trends, and fixturecapacity/presentation at the style/color size level.
- Develop thorough knowledge of store and district levelperformance through extensive data analysis.
- Work closely with Buyers and Planners to collaborate anddrive allocation strategies, and ensure alignment with cross-functionalpartners.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency and accuracy ofinformation and share best practices.
- Analyze size selling reports by vendor/department; makenecessary adjustment to maximize opportunity and work with buying team onrecommending size scales for future buys.
- Participate in business meetings with strong point of viewbringing allocation perspective to the table in regards to businessimprovement.
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
- 2-3 years of related field experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Detailed knowledge of retail math
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills / formulawriting
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Self starter, can enhance/build processes and procedures
- Self motivated
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and adapt tofast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Creative, Dynamic, Strategic, Results Oriented
- Passion for apparel/luxury/fashion/retail brands
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top