Allocation Planner - Women's Knits
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy - a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Allocation Planner drives the creation, management and execution of allocation strategies and inventory plans that support the financial goals and product strategies for their area of responsibility.
- Create seasonal Inventory allocation strategies that support the Investment review strategy, develop contingent plans to offset inventory risks
- Track and forecast current/projected inventory levels throughout product pipeline to ensure smooth execution of strategies
- Identify and support VMI/Basics product plans in line with style/class level allocation and financial forecasts, partner and negotiate with Inventory Management on future receipts
- Identifies, prioritizes and communicates store inventory callouts, DC capacity constraints, or other business issues in a timely manner
- Drive additional ad-hoc reporting as needed to assess business and to assist in driving for solution
- Inform the cross functional team on inventory health that supports the commercial plan
- Frequently assess and recommend strategy adjustments to cross functional team and leadership
- Collaborate with the cross functional team to align on investment quantities and flow forecasts
- Validate department inventory sales forecast by ensuring stores on hand inventory does not fall below target; communicate issues to the cross functional teams
- Drive forecast accuracy in Demand Forecast, track receipt projections, and in-season allocation strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skill
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top