Administrator, Corporate Secretary’s Office, Gap Inc.
Gap Inc. is a leading global retailer offering clothing, accessories and personal care products for men, women and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way brands. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in countries worldwide through about 3,200 company-operated stores, about 450 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites.
Gap Inc. is seeking an experienced administrator to be part of a team focused on subsidiary corporate governance within the Legal Department's Corporate and Finance group. The position requires strong organizational and database management skills to support and be an integral part of the team responsible for the ongoing corporate maintenance (board and shareholder actions) for Gap Inc.'s global legal entities.
The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, enjoys working with a team, is self-motivated and is familiar with legal entity maintenance. This person will work closely with the existing team focused on global corporate governance for Gap Inc.'s many subsidiaries.
- Customer Impact
- Drives Results
- Key person responsible maintaining corporate governance records, working with the Corporate & Finance team in the Legal Department
- Collaborates with team members both within and outside the Legal Department to gather and provide information.
- Shares information broadly – through structured means and in response to ad hoc requests
- Ability to manage multiple demands
- Customer focused, team oriented, precise, and deliberate
- Provide support to the team focused on domestic and international legal entity governance, including maintaining corporate minute books, arranging subsidiary board meetings, maintaining organization charts, preparing secretary's certificates and responding to requests for subsidiary information within and outside the department
- Maintain legal entity management database (Computershare's Global Entity Management), including data entry, reporting and user support
- Responsible for maintenance of files and distribution of documents
- Work with local agents and service providers to obtain company documentation (Certificates of Good Standing, translations, legalizations, etc.)
- Provide general administrative support to attorneys and paralegals on the Corporate and Finance team in the Legal Department, including calendaring, phones, filing, etc.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years corporate experience
- Communicates well, ability to write clearly, share information completely, confident to write and interact with business partners
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ensures accuracy of information and work product
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of responsibilities
- Ability and desire to collaborate with co-workers in a team-based environment
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, advanced user of Word
- Notary public preferred
- Legal entity management database experience preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top