Ad Operations Specialist
We're looking for a brilliant Ad Operations Specialist to own Ad Operations for the Digital Customer Marketing group at Gap Inc! This person will be critical to our success in running effective and efficient digital marketing through the management of campaign pre-planning, quality control, trafficking, tag management and campaign management. You'll work closely with each of our digital marketing channel managers across all brands and markets, as well as partnering across the organization with groups such as our Customer Data & Analytics team.
You'll directly manage all ad operations for our Performance Marketing programs for Athleta, Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy across all markets.
- Leads and inspires the Digital Customer Marketing team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and obsessed with analytics.
- Builds relationships within our own team, as well as across the organization
- Actively manages complexity in the role arising from the number of partners we work with internally and externally, as well as the number of 3rd party vendors we work with to execute our digital marketing programs
- Represents the Digital Customer Marketing team to our brand partners, the Business Intelligence team, the Customer Data and Analytics team, the Web Content Development team and the Product Development team at large.
- Reflects the team's collegial and collaborative culture
- Own Ad Operations for the Digital Customer Marketing team (all brands, all markets), specifically tag management and configuration
- Manage Tealium tag implementation requests; intake requests and strategically evaluate business value of implementation
- Support digital ad campaigns across all marketing channels (e.g. Search and Social)
- Drive key initiatives to improve trafficking processes and measurement, including campaign launches
- Maintain multi-touch attribution tracking parament and taxonomy documentation across channels/ agencies
- Manage QA and QC for our ad operations, such as building out regular QA checks on tagging implementation, fixing existing tags, removing redundant tags and working with internal, and external partners to troubleshoot
- Marketing tag management, including assessing the value of adding tags (business value vs. technical risks or implementation nuances)
- Train agencies and 3rd party vendors on best practices, and analytics tools used at Gap Inc.
- Implement and manage ad server across channels
- Become expert in Gap Inc ecommerce data layer and partner heavily with Data Governance to maintain data integrity, and visibility into data layer
94105•BA/ BS Degree from top-tier university
- 4+ years of digital ad operations/ marketing experience
- Passion for marketing and technical concepts
- Knowledge of numerous ad formats; ability to quickly learn new formats and digital marketing platforms
- Experience with Tag Management (Tealium strongly preferred), including configuration, implementation and governance
- Ability to read, write and comprehend tech specs
- Highly detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in and collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Analytics, Engineering, Marketing and Product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Analytics; experience in ad platforms/ networks/ DSPs/ DMPs, including AdWords, Facebook, Doubleclick and Kenshoo preferred
- Rock solid analytical skills
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top