- Florence, KY
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Transportation Finance manages the expenses associated with moving Gap Inc. s product from origin to stores.
This part-time role is primarily responsible for assisting in the onboarding of Gap Inc s new inbound freight pay vendor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, testing and validation of allocation of inbound expenses vs. Gap Inc. systems, resolving post-audit invoice exceptions and acting as a point of contact for inbound freight payment for Gap Inc. carriers.
This role will also assist in creating a formal internal process for inbound freight pay.
This position reports to the Manager of Transportation Freight Pay, and into the broader Global Supply Chain finance team.
Act as a key point of contact for inbound freight pay
Assist in onboarding new inbound freight pay system
Provide progress updates and escalations to leadership as needed
Actas first point of contact for Gap Inc. invoice exception research
What you'll do
- Assist in onboarding new third party inbound freight pay system
- Own key validation points during onboarding process to ensure third party system results are accurate and complete
- Provide missing PO s and ASN information to 3 rd party inbound freight pay company
- Resolve rejected invoices
- Assist in learning new freight pay system and help establish a formal process amongst broader Transportation Freight Pay team
- Provide progress updates and escalations to leadership as needed
- Act as first point of contact for Gap Inc. invoice exception research
- Act as a point of contact for Gap Inc. transportation carriers requiring assistance with new freight pay system
- Assist with communication to carriers
- Assist with OB rejected invoices, research the cause and identify the action required to resolve
- Audit and ensure accurate payment for exception invoices
- Review and ensure no duplicate invoice payment
Assist with ITO Operations invoice review and approval
Who you are
- Proven experience in bill-pay or accounts payable
- Creative problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Has the ability and enjoys exploring and learning new systems
- Ability to work with large volumes of data in excel
- Knowledge of excel formulas and pivot tables to manage large volumes of data
Ability to learn multiple internal Gap Inc. data systems
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top