Republic Media, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Videographer who is a natural-born storyteller and ace videographer for a full-time temporary (no benefits) position that is expected to last 6-8 months with the potential to become a permanent full time position.
We are hoping that:
You are a natural-born storyteller and ace videographer.
You are good with people and have the patience and curiosity to spend hours with a subject and the charisma to tease a great story out of them.
You are a team player with excellent communication skills, quick to respond and receptive to feedback.
You have a go-getter entrepreneurial spirit, and enough initiative, drive and energy to power a small island nation.
You are, in a word, awesome. And we need you.
We are I Am Sport, an innovative new initiative launched by Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the country, and based at The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com in Phoenix.
We are a video- and social media-driven project dedicated to finding incredible and relatable young athletes and telling their stories of commitment, sacrifice, defeat and triumph to young audiences.
I Am Sport seeks a full-time videographer for a temporary six- to eight-month position, with the potential to stay on in a permanent position.
We think I Am Sport is super exciting and has the potential to become a Big Deal. But we need your talent and brilliance to turn that potential into a reality.
You don’t need to be a jock, but basic sports literacy and an appreciation of the effort that goes into being an athlete is a must. Bonus points if you own a variety of sports t-shirts.
In this role, you will:
- Shooting compelling micro-documentaries on youth athletes and editing them for maximum impact on multiple distributive platforms.
- Post-production editing on programs including After Effects and Adobe Premiere.
- Editing footage shot by videographers at sister properties.
- Video promotion through targeted social sharing.
- Occasional regional travel to follow a story.
- Other duties as assigned
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, film or a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent.
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, online and in person, with the community and fellow journalists.
- Works collaboratively with a passionate and highly motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Media Encoder and After Effects.
- Working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat, with an eagerness to master them.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent project management, coordination, organizational, communication, and follow-up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience handling multiple projects and performing a wide variety of tasks under deadline pressures.
- Should be able to respond quickly to changing priorities.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top