Vice President, Sales
USA TODAY NETWORK of Tennessee is seeking a Vice President of Sales. This position leads The Tennessean, Murfreesboro Daily Journal, and Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle sales organizations directly and acts as lead network sales executive for sales strategy and execution across all six Tennessee markets including Memphis, Jackson and Knoxville. This role requires an expert level digital advertising and marketing background, and proven results in driving digital sales growth. The role also requires a competitive and critical thinker, a strong customer focus and experience transforming sales organizations. The successful candidate will provide inspiring leadership, develop a world-class level sales organization, drive results for clients, and grow revenue and market share. They will be able to identify and understand market potential, develop and execute sales strategies across multiple platforms, including digital, mobile, targeted niche publications and the core newspaper. They will motivate others internally and externally about the aggressive transformation of our business to a multi-media communications company. The ideal candidate will have a record of building and leading a sales team in a matrixed organization and will have delivered results in both “traditional” and “new” media environments. This position is located in Nashville, TN . The Vice President of Sales is a senior leadership position in a major market and reports to the President of the Tennessean & USA TODAY NETWORK of Tennessee.
Key Skills & Responsibilites:
- Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the sales team by working with the President and other Leadership to establish long-range goals, and strategies to increase revenue and market share through integrated marketing solutions
- Coach, motivate, and drive insight-based, customer-centric sales behaviors that results in effective marketing campaigns producing measureable results for clients.
- Develops and executes sales plans to meet strategic objectives.
- Develops comprehensive marketing solutions that include experiential, event, sponsorship and branded content opportunities as well as traditional solutions through collaboration with the newsroom and audience teams
- Deep understanding of market competitors including current clients, prospects, market trends, opportunities and competitive challenges.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and superior customer focus
- Develops effective and creative sales strategies, customer solutions, and uncovers/develops new market opportunities for revenue growth.
- Practices world-class sales behaviors and uses salesforce.com in day-to-day management of staff.
- Ensures that sales team is competent in and demonstrating world-class sales behaviors and activities.
- Works effectively with the the local leadership team and colleagues across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years senior sales experience required with 5+ years of management experience required.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in building and managing sales teams to meet revenue goals.
- Experience in developing and executing strategies across multiple platforms, including digital, mobile, core newspaper, and experiential opportunities/events/sponsorships.
- Managed large sales organization (50+ employees) with a track record of success
- Excellent digital knowledge and usage.
- Strong strategic, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, presentation and time-management skills and ability to execute initiatives within the team and company as well as customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills.
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top