USA TODAY Sports Media Group Internships - Summer 2017, Los Angeles
USA TODAY is in search of a talented college student looking for an enriching paid internship. Come join USA TODAY, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, for our Summer 2017 Intern Program. As part of the USA TODAY team, you will develop, integrate and apply various learning’s in support of our Sports Media Group team in LA. This program offers mentoring from those at the top of their game, networking and real world experience in a fun, entrepreneurial like atmosphere. As part of our team, you will work on meaningful and impactful projects as well as connect with other interns and engage in professional development activities supplemental to the job. Come join us!
The deadline to apply is Dec. 19.
- Reporting: Work with content editors and reporters to conceive, report and write stories for both print and digital publication.
- Sports Weekly/special publications: Work Sports Weekly/special publications team on various one-offs and magazine previews. Work could include learning how to pitch stories, long-form stories, writing previews, assisting with research, compiling stats, etc.
- Digital: Will serve as a digital producer attached to specific content team or with Digital Desk. Will publish/program/engage content for use on all digital platforms – and will work with producers to create value-added material (interactive/photo galleries/etc.) to accompany digital content.
- Social media: Interns will spend time working with our social media staff to learn proper procedure and best practices for sharing content over Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and other social outlets.
- Training Sessions: Will be required to participate in Brown Bag sessions that Sports department holds to introduce and reinforce proper mechanics and best practices for creating/writing/publishing/programming content.
- Must be pursuing Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible
- Must possess excellent communication skills
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Back to top