USA TODAY Content Producer
Are the Oscars your Super Bowl? Do you watch the box office like the stock market? Are Jay Z and Beyonce your Barack and Michelle? USA TODAY Life is looking for a content producer who lives and breathes entertainment, pop culture and style.
The ideal candidate has knack for creating reader-friendly, socially-driven content. He or she should have a track record of producing viral stories and products that spread across the web, resonating with entertainment fans and non-fans alike. The successful candidate can spot and write buzzy items before the competition, and thrives on incorporating voice, a point of view and attitude (where necessary) into their writing. He or she must be able to consistently develop creative ideas for entertaining content off the conventional news, and must be comfortable working in digital, social and print environments.
Typical job duties:
- Write and report breaking news and features
- Manage Life social media accounts
- Contribute stories to our social news blog, Entertain This!
- Create digital photo galleries and interactives
- Manage placement of content on desktop, apps, mobile and tablet
- Assist with content creation for our print products
- Work collaboratively with other departments on video and audio products
Knowledge and skills required:
- Excellent digital publishing skills
- Mastery of social media
- Proficiency in digital content management systems and blogging platforms
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Interest in developing and participating in video projects to supplement content
- Dedicated to using real-time web analytics software to inform coverage
- Self-motivation and self-direction
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- This position is based in our McLean, VA headquarters however, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA applicants will be considered.
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in over 100 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top