Trucking and Delivery - Operations Coordinator
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department’s day to day operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties can entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors, weekly total market coverage product delivery verification, redelivery to retail sales locations, return and rack collections, loading or unloading trucks and assisting in the delivery of non-daily and core products to consumers and retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and discretion at all times.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Support the distribution and allocation process to agents, contract haulers and transportation contractors. This can include the actual loading/unloading of distribution carts, pallets, or bundles of newspapers on trucks or to agents. Occasional operation of a motorized or manual pallet jack.
- Communicate verified shortages and overages the Logistic Coordinator for follow-up instructions.
- Complete and submit all load verification reports as required for single copy or home delivery products as required.
- Notify manager of any improper behavior by agents or transportation contractors.
- Help to maintain the appearance and order of the transportation dock area and single distribution site.
- Notify management of the late agents and agent papers waiting to be delivered; in emergencies may be called on to support the single copy zone manager route deliveries.
- If needed, support or fill in as an operations coordinator at distribution centers to complete necessary daily operations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible to work any schedule
- Solid basic math skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Certified motorized pallet jack operator
- Dependable transportation is a must and a non-restricted Indiana valid driver’s license
Pre-employment drug testing and a background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. We have over 100 million unique visitors a month. This loyal andlarge-scale following is based on a combination of trusted, fact-checkedjournalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, andconstantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in thetech-space. And with over 110 local properties and USA TODAY at the helm,you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making anational impact.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top