Territory Account Executive
The Californian Media Group located in Salinas, CA, is looking for professional sales executives.
The Account Executive plays a critical role by providing print and online advertising solutions that drive results for our customers. Their primary responsibility is to grow advertising market share within the territory through a combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base.
In this role, you will:
- Sell multi-media advertising products to include online, and print
- Consistently achieve revenue goals by fostering long term relationships with clients
- Secure quality face time with key advertising decision makers
- Develop and maintain a plan for success that includes prospecting, in depth account knowledge, face-to-face meetings, innovative problem solving and execution
- Develop and maintain an aggressive pipeline
- Manage day-to-day activities with a CRM system
If you are experienced in selling advertising, have a proven track record of building brand equity among key decision makers using a consultative sales approach, we want you on our team.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of experience/education
- Proven sales experience (digital and/or advertising sales preferred) 3 to 5 years.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Ability to find, contact, and partner with new business opportunities.
- Valid California Driver’s License, a good driving record, access to a vehicle and minimum State Liability Insurance.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Here’s what we have to offer: We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales.
We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts, 401(k) with company match and domestic partner benefits.
About The Californian Media Group: The Californian Media Group is proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, The Californian Media Group is the place to be! The Californian Media Group, a part of the Gannett Co. Inc., family, and a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From online to print The Californian Media Group encompasses an array of products including CareerBuilder.com, thecalifornian.com and The Salinas Californian.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top