Temporary Press Operator
Gannett Publishing Services, a division of Gannett, has a need for a temporary press operator in Springfield, MO. A facility that prints the News Leader and multiple Gannett and commercial products.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Pressroom Manager, this employee performs a range of duties necessary to the care, storage and transport of newsprint, newsprint inventory and disposal of newsprint waste. Responsible for loading newsprint rolls into the reel room, loads reel stands as run sheet dictates, prepares pasters and completes reel room reports accurately and in a timely fashion. Will begin basic press operator duties and assists with make-ready tasks, breakdown tasks, and light press maintenance.
1. Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
2. Ability to operate safely forklifts and other equipment associated with the position.
3. Good eye-hand coordination.
4. Good oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to demonstrate at specific intervals, required skills outlined in the Press Operator I training program.
6. Must be able to distinguish colors clearly, as determined in a color blind test.
7. Physical requirements- able to stand up to eight (8) hours, repetitive climbing stairs, push one (1) ton paper rolls on and off paper roll dollies, lift/carry 100 pound rollers for distances less than 100 feet.
8. Must demonstrate safe working record.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Previous experience working in and around industrial workplace is preferred. Forklift certification is preferred. Mechanical training or experience is preferred.
Hearing protection is required at all times when equipment is in operation. When using degreasing liquids, it is necessary to wear a face shield or chemical goggles whenever there is the possibility of splashing or spraying of materials into the eyes or onto the face area.
We are part of The USA TODAY NETWORK, Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties.
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/.
We are committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen and background check.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top