Technical Customer Service Representative 1 1
Description The Customer Service Representative is responsible for maintaining a professional and satisfied relationship with internal and external customers by providing product and service troubleshooting while educating about the features and benefits of their purchase/subscription. Customer Service Representative utilizes listening skills to determine customer issues or needs, and uses interpersonal skills and call control techniques to complete each call with a positive resolution in a one-call resolution environment. Provides information to aid customers with purchasing decisions such as upgrades and EZ-Pay conversions; soliciting donations for Newspaper in Education, Nursing Home, Meals on Wheels or Vacation Paks; improving subscriber retention through Stop Saver programs; and accurately inputting complete subscriber information (address changes, email addresses, subscription payments, complaints, starts, stops, and vacation requests) into the GICS system. The agent is responsible for achieving assigned goals.
- Handles customer calls and troubleshoots technical issues in a professional, efficient, and effective manner. Provides information needed to make a purchasing decision regarding their account including: promotion of current sales programs and initiatives; EZ-Pay payment options; increases in frequency of delivery; and Vacation Options such as NIE donations or Vac Paks.
- Accurately enter subscriber data into GICS, updating information as necessary (i.e. address changes; email addresses; subscription payments; complaints; starts; stops; vacation requests).
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the products and services supported by the GCSC.
- Follow-up with subscribers to ensure resolution of concern or request. This may include communication via phone, email, or other means and is done in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain schedule adherence and be able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Requirements Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 6-12 months customer service/call center experience required; college coursework and sales experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Basic typing, telephone, and computer skills required. Technical aptitude in Windows, Internet Browsers and email.
- The agent must be capable of demonstrating good verbal communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills through past performance.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to commit to a work schedule that involves late evenings and weekends
Back to top