Supervisor Financial Reporting
Gannett is seeking a Supervisor of Financial Reporting to assist in the monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett’s SEC filing requirements. This position will also assist in analyzing the accounting treatment on various transactions and new contractual arrangements. The successful candidate will interact with senior management and professional service providers. The position is based in McLean, VA and reports into the Manager of Financial Reporting.
In this role, you will be involved in:
- Timely and accurate preparation of Gannett’s quarterly and annual reports on SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including the preparation of the financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis, and XBRL tagging in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- Timely and accurate production of other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, investor conference materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc.
- Preparation of internal financial statements and reports
- Preparation of monthly schedules supporting the month-end close and consolidation process
- Analyze various accounts and prepare certain monthly consolidation-level entries
- Maintenance of department compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Research and analysis of accounting treatment on various transactions and contractual agreements
- Ad hoc financial information requests and analysis
- External audit questions and preparation of documents
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience, including financial reporting experience with SEC filers.
- CPA preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, problem solving and analytical ability, and sense of urgency.
Gannett Co., Inc. is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 115 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties.
With the largest network of local news and related digital assets in the U.S. (81 trusted local U.S. daily media organizations), the nation’s #1 daily publication by circulation (USA TODAY), a leading regional news organization in the U.K. (Newsquest), and exceptional journalistic talent, Gannett delivers unparalleled news and information on multiple platforms as well as innovative solutions for advertisers.
Gannett previously announced its plan to separate into two publicly traded companies. The planned separation, which will be effected through a tax-free dividend of shares in the publishing company to existing Gannett shareholders, is on track to be completed in mid-2015. The new Gannett will have a virtually debt-free balance sheet, strong cash flow, and commitment to financial discipline, making it uniquely positioned to pursue consolidation opportunities of local market publishing operations while maintaining the ability to invest in products and services that will drive growth.
Back to top