United States • Virtual Req #26993
Monday, February 27, 2023
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally-focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer Prize-winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes The USA TODAY NETWORK, which includes USA TODAY, and local media organizations in 43 states in the United States, and Newsquest, a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom. We also own digital marketing services companies under the brand LocaliQ, which provide a cloud-based platform of products to enable small and medium-sized businesses to accomplish their marketing goals. In addition, our portfolio includes one of the largest media-owned events businesses in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Gannett open roles are featured on various external job boards. When applying to a position at Gannett, you should be completing an application on Gannett Careers via Dayforce. Job postings directing you to complete an application on other external sites may not be valid.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Sr Software Engineer (Spring MVC, Boot, Java)
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
About the Opportunity:
Our Product and Technology team building best-in-class digital marketing solutions for small SMB clients is looking for a Sr Software Engineer. This individual will be designing, and building software and applications providing leading edge products directly impacting the client experience. They will need to be able to grasp both product and technical requirements, and have the ability to translate them into working applications and functionality across our platform. You will participate in all phases of the fulfillment cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing.
We are a fast-paced engineering team working to build the next generation of Digital Marketing management systems partnering with Google, Bing, Snap, and Facebook. If you are profoundly technical, analytical, and eager to build solutions that directly impact the company's core values, we want to talk to you!
About the Responsibilities:
- Self starter who is comfortable in a remote team environment.
- Create scalable, fault tolerant, anti-fragile web services.
- Ensure that all developed applications are extensively tested and sufficiently documented.
- Work closely with product owners, tech leads, quality assurance and direct management to elaborate and define requirements, priorities and estimate timelines.
- Work with other team members to define service APIs.
- Quickly develop executable prototypes and iterate on ideas.
- T enaciously follow technological advancements relevant to our customers and propose integration and use.
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies and framework React & Angular.
- 5+ Years Java development experience in a high traffic enterprise setting.
- Hand-on knowledge of Spring / Hibernate frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and TDD.
- Experience with RDBMS concepts and SQL.
- Experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Experience working with Git/GitHub.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work well with rapid deployment cycles and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Digital M arketing / Online advertising (SEO/SEM) an advantage.
- 3 years of experience working within a Unix-based operating system.
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodologies and principles.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- AWS/GKE or Cloud Environment exposure from a DevOps perspective would be an advantage.
- Experience with other JVM languages useful (eg Groovy, Kotlin etc)
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Eager attitude ready to solve challenges daily .
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $68,400 and $161,000. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.