Sr Procurement Analyst
Gannett Supply Corporation (GSC) is in charge of supporting all divisions of Gannett Co., Inc. This group provides support in the purchasing/sourcing of specific commodities, as well as business case analysis and cost savings ideas across categories. The Senior Analyst, Strategic Sourcing will administer companywide paper purchases to best protect financial assets, fulfill organizational initiatives and meet needs of individual operating units and divisions.
We are searching for a sharp and talented candidate to help administer our paper program. The candidate would be joining a fast paced team environment that continues to evolve. They would provide direct customer service support to vendors and locations throughout the paper ordering process. The ideal candidate must be eager to learn, proactive and able to work with all levels.
- Research companywide needs, compile requirements and plan strategies for future purchases.
- Provide exceptional customer service to current locations, by assisting with all purchases.
- Issues purchase orders for companywide paper requirements through AbiNet inventory database system.
- Monitor industry trends and convey pertinent information to management and relevant operating units as needed.
- Maintain and support operating unit and supplier communications.
- Support management of inventory database system.
- Review and analyze data to determine best sourcing strategies.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in purchasing or similar field preferred.
- Experience with Avinet, or other purchasing software, a plus.
- Self-starter with drive to work in high performing teams.
- Exceptional customer and client service attitude. Ability to communicate with all levels of people in the company and outside vendors.
- Written and oral communication to serve as the representative of the company.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top