Sr. Financial Analyst - Memphis
Are you a Sr. Financial Analyst looking to take your career to the next level?
Come join Gannett/USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Regional Finance Director, and have responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, flashing and other analytical processes.
- Analyze departmental fiscal data, monthly, quarterly and annually. Included in your analysis is rate approvals, contract review, commission analysis, product analysis, P&L review and other ad hoc analysis.
- We are looking for you to apply fundamental fiscal concepts, prepare written and oral budgetary recommendations for implementation in department budgets.
- You will also assist departmental management staff and other members of the team in technical budgetary matters during budget hearings, finance meetings, and in the general preparation and administration of the budget.
- Prepare short and long range projections utilizing economic forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess the impact of budget changes. For this work you will utilize current organization-wide and/or department specific software.
- Capital planning and ad hoc P&Ls.
- Fulfills group/divisional requests for the Financial Analysis Manager and Regional Finance Directors.
- Coordinates training or work teams to identify areas for improvement across Hub, form solutions, and implement process improvements
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Four (4) years of full-time work experience in financial analysis, general accounting, cost accounting, economic analysis, systems analysis, or related area.
- Highly proficient in Excel spreadsheets and other computer applications/software to provide fiscal analysis.
- Reasonable knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles, and procedures.
- Strong decision making abilities
- Ability to recognize and correct departures from budgetary practices and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment, with the ability to initiate improvements in budgetary operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able prepare and present reports.
- Ability to perform standardized and statistical computations.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top