Job Title: Senior Analyst Full-Time Position
The Gannett Senior Analyst will provide outstanding service to our customers in an effort to meet their needs and exceed their expectations as part of the 24 × 7 Services and Support organization. This position is assigned to the Advanced Services team, which troubleshoots and responds to issues escalated by the Services Desk when no standard solution exists. The team collaborates with customers, vendors and other Gannett technologists on root cause analysis and resolutions.
- Diagnose, investigate and resolve requests and incidents of a complex nature.
- Resolve incident requests through troubleshooting and investigation. Escalate if necessary. Apply fixes or workarounds as appropriate.
- Apply analytical skills, problem-solving and technical expertise to root cause analysis and resolution.
- Perform restorative and maintenance actions to resolve customer’s technical problems.
- Document and share knowledge with customers, team members and others.
- Communicate proactive advice to staff and customers to avoid future problems.
- Manage ticket caseload according to KCS principles and guidelines.
- Adjust language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Utilize available job aids, support tools, and online documentation.
- Must be dedicated to providing excellent customer service.
- Professional, positive and amicable attitude and demeanor.
- Demonstrated appropriate discretion and sensitivity with customers and colleagues.
- Top-notch communications and interpersonal skills, and listening comprehension.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Be able to work quickly and be calm under pressure.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to investigate, understand and clearly communicate solutions to non-technical customers.
- Perform quality work that has been tested with an emphasis on the highest possible accuracy.
Education and Related Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; experience working with Internet applications, services and technologies. Experience should include some understanding of networking/distributed computing
Back to top