SQL Server DBA
SQL Server Database Administrator
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you’ll be part of a skilled team that manages SQL Server installations for the USA TODAY NETWORK. You will collaborate with business stakeholders and other IT teams on database tier project tasks, incidents, and services requests for applications supporting our enterprise and digital applications. This position reports to the Director of Database Management and is based in our Chesapeake, Virginia office.
- Design build, configure, upgrade, and manages database installations.
- Troubleshoot database performance issues.
- Proactively monitor and perform database performance tuning activities.
- Participate in database requirements gathering for new database projects.
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers.
- Participate in afterhours support on a rotational basis.
Must-have Technical Skills
- 3+ years of SQL Server Database Administration experience in an 24×7 enterprise environment.
- Experience with high availability, scalability, and disaster recovery features of SQL Server such as Windows Failover Cluster Services and Always On Availability Groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and IT teams.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with SQL Server data warehouse features such as SSIS and SSAS.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience working with cloud-based Data-as-a-Service solutions such as Amazon RDS or Microsoft Azure SQL Database, or Google Cloud SQL.
- Prior work experience in an Agile environment.
Here’s what we offer
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top