Site Reliability Engineer- Cost Optimization
Come join Gannett, a top global digital media and Fortune 500 company that reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of broadcast, mobile & publishing properties. Gannett Digital leads development and innovation around digital products across the company – our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever they need us. Explore the possibilities at Gannett as a Site Reliability Engineer, PaaS – Optimization.
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) at Gannett fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our multi cloud environments are monitored, performance tuned, automated, and designed to scale. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product. He/she will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Infrastructure Automation using Chef
- Multi Cloud API integration with Scalr
- Work in a world where code is configuration
- Analyze Cost of applications across multiple clouds / Work with Dev teams to right size applications based on those analyses.
- Compare costs across all Clouds, this includes both public and private clouds.
- Manage AWS Reserve Instance program / Work with finance team for best optimization.
- On-boarding new technologies
- Platform SLA monitoring and enforcement
- 20% – Chef Development
- 20% – Scalr integration
- 10% – New Technology Evaluation
- 40% – Cost Optimization
- 10% – Documentation
Technologies and Disciplines Systems:
- Cost Optimization with Cloudyn, CloudHealthTech, Trusted Advisor
- Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and Windows Server
- Nginx and uWSGI, plus Node.js and IIS
- Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack
- Jenkins and Team City build servers
- Automation using Python and Bash, plus extensive use of Chef
- Monitoring with Splunk, AppDynamics and DataDog
- Experience using a cloud management platform such as Scalr, Rightscale or CliQr
- 4+ years experience in Linux systems administration
- Experience deploying to AWS or other clouds
- Experience with auto-scaling and the architecture of stateless applications
- Experience with Chef or other configuration management tools
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top