Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Virtual Req #14510
Thursday, June 16, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Quality Engineering team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Our focus is being the voice of quality from the engagement of product owners, developers, and designers to build better software by improving speed, efficiency, and collaboration during the development lifecycle.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Native Apps, you'll be focused on creating automated tests for native products within Gannett Product's Customer Experience portfolio. You'll collaborate with Agile development teams as a member of our internal Quality Engineering department to deliver test automation excellence.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience with automated testing, excellent attention to detail, strong analytics, and communication skills.
- Define and implement a test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach for all the mobile apps.
- Collaborates with the development team to write automated tests.
- Troubleshoot and debug automated test failures within any automation project.
- At times you may be asked to assist with exploratory testing.
- Actively work with development and infrastructure teams for integrating test automation as an integral part of continuous delivery pipeline
- Coordinate efforts across the product, engineering, design, and QE teams.
- Writes well-designed, modular, and testable code.
- Work with indirect authority to ensure overall product quality.
- Provide detailed reports to management.
- Continuously evaluate our approach, workflow, technologies that can benefit our team and entire company.
- Evaluate new technologies.
Tools and Technologies :
- Kotlin, Swift, Flutter
- Mobile Native App Testing: Espresso, XCUITest, Appium
- Cloud Testing with Saucelabs
- VQA Testing with Applitools
- Containers Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud Services: Google Cloud Platform
- Continuous Integration (CI) with Github Actions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing code in Kotlin, Swift, or Flutter to test an API, SDK, or Frameworks
- 4+ years experience in Android and iOS test automation
- A professional curiosity that leads the team member to learn more and try new approaches or technology.
- Works well with other team members including mentoring engineering team members.
- Experience designing and building automation testing solutions (Custom or Pre-built).
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with GitHub for SCM
- Experience with Github Actions for CI/CD
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.