Senior iOS Developer
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, and constantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in the tech-space. And with over 110 local properties, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact. Explore the possibilities as a Sr. iOS Developer
The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a full-time Senior iOS Developer to join the Mobile iOS Team based in Tysons Corner, VA.
The mobile team is responsible for developing and delivering best in-class mobile solutions scalable throughout multiple Gannett companies including USA TODAY. All Gannett mobile initiatives are extremely high profile and must utilize state of the art technologies. The Sr. iOS Developer will be building native iOS apps using the latest iOS SDK and languages, integrating 3rd party SDKs, and interacting with internal clients to determine requirements and architecture.
● This position is responsible for the development, testing, release, and support of iOS, tvOS, and watchOS apps and extensions.
● Also responsible for maintaining and contributing to a cutting edge approach to the mobile presence.
● The Developer will work closely with the Mobile Product team and other Gannett units including USA TODAY, Ad Ops, QA, Design, and Technologies.
● The ideal candidate possesses an innovative but disciplined approach to technology development, and an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget project implementation.
● Keen attention to detail and quality, complying with Gannett’s high standard of quality.
● Learn and absorb new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
● Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
● Passionate about solving problems for users, advertisers and publishers.
Desired Skills and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
● Minimum 5+ progressively complex years of software development experience that includes 2+ years of iOS
● Strong object-oriented design, programming, and debugging skills
● Demonstrated experience with Xcode and the iOS SDK is a must
● Demonstrated experience with Swift and Objective-C
● Experience with JSON and client & server side development including consumption of web services
● Experience with Git is a must
● Launched at least one app in the Apple App Store is a must
● Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
● Prior successful experience in media or related industry is desirable
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top