Senior HRIS Analyst
The HRIS Analyst is a senior position within the HR Technology structure. This position partners with the HR functional areas and helps to drive continuous improvement and processes by leveraging tools and technology. The position will lead HR Technology projects and/or serve as a participant responsible for a variety of deliverables including, but not limited to, interfaces. The position will also serve as a functional and technical team resource for HR Technology department. The Analyst will report into the Director HRIS and will be based in Tyson’s Corner, VA.
- Act as a key project member for the implementation of our HR systems and assist with all facets of and maintaining a comprehensive HR Technology and suite of HR systems
- Serve as subject matter expert and provide ongoing maintenance and administration for various HR systems
- Contribute to the development of the system both from a functional perspective as well as through feedback from users
- Provides leadership in the implementation of processes to enhance the efficiency of HR business. Meets with HR leaders, partners to understand functional needs and documents business requirements. Develops project plans and timelines to assure timely deliverables. Manages vendor relationships from the functional aspect, and the stake-holder expectations
- Using SDLC methodology, interpret vendor documentation to develop interface specifications; work with Ceridian and Gannett Co. Inc, developers for programming and testing.
- Prepare documentation and facilitate the moving of the deliverable to production.
- Participate in system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains systems table values and may assist with configuration.
- Serves as a functional/technical resource for the HR Technology team.
- Provides technical writing of HR Technology processes, job aids and HR Technology procedures. Assists HR Technology by evaluating existing internal processes and documents and develops strategies for improvement. Works with team members to create buy-in and acceptance for needed process changes.
- Designs and develops complex ad hoc and standard queries using various analytical tools. Understands data elements, tables, and relationships in HR databases. Determines the appropriate reporting tool for the need.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience in HCM applications such as Ceridian (PeopleSoft, Oracle acceptable)
- 10+ years of applicable HCM or HR application experience
- Preferred Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML,
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Passionate about solving challenges by leveraging technology solutions in alignment with business processes.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage projects in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data
- Project Management experience preferred
- Ability to interact to all levels of the organization in a professional manner both internally and externally
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating with team members from various business owners
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top